1. General This site is owned and operated by Shropshire Live LLP we have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of the site.
2. Equipment You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the site and all related charges.
3. Restrictions on use
A. You shall use the site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the site or forums any material which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Without shropshirelive.com express prior approval, you shall not post or transmit through the site any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services.
B. The site contains copyrighted material; trademarks and other proprietary information, including photos, these contents of the site are copyrighted to their original owners. You may download one copy of this site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
C. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright. By submitting material to any public area of the site, you must agree that we can use the information/images and may alter them in some cases to fit in with the site.
4. Trademarks Our logos are trademarks of shropshirelive.com, all other trademarks appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners.
5. Viruses Shropshire Live LLP accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access this site with.
6. Changed Terms Shropshire Live LLP has the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to use of the site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions.
7. Submitted Content Content submitted to shropshirelive.com and published will be credited to the author, we may change some wording or the style of writing to fit in with our publishing standards all images and any other supplied material. By submitting any images you must have ownership of the copyright or have permission from the copyright owner to share the image with Shropshire Live LLP, you will be responsible for any liability of copyright breach if these terms are not met and Shropshire Live LLP will take no liability in any dispute. Please take time to consider this before submitting images for any use. If you are the owner of an image that you feel should not be used please contact us via email so the photo can be removed. By submitting an image you give us permission to publish the image on shropshirelive.com and for the image to be shared with social media and all electronic formats. You also give us permission to credit you or the owner of the photo along with the image if required.
8. Miscellaneous shropshirelive.com incorporates links to other web sites we do not in any way endorse, nor are responsible for, the content of those other web sites.
Adding Comments – Our Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully. They outline what we consider is acceptable and unacceptable content.
We welcome your comments and encourage you contribute to the article or feature. Once your comment is online, everyone with Internet access can read it.
Please make your comment clear to ensure that it is not misunderstood. You can express a strong opinion but please remember you are legally responsible for what you submit and consider how your comment could be received by others. Many different types of people of different ages may view your comment.
Please be polite. Do not use swear words or crude or sexual language and keep your comment relevant to the story or topic. Do not insult other contributions or discuss the non-appearance or removal of any content on this site or the suspension or termination of any users.
If you consider that a comment does not comply with these rules or our Term and Conditions please contact us via email only. Please only contact us if you have a serious complaint and not because you disagree with something said.
You must not make or encourage comments which are: defamatory, false, misleading, insulting, threatening, abusive, obscene, sexual nature, offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Do not submit confidential or private information including telephone numbers, email addresses or any other contact details.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court!
You must not use our website for the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose; any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message or an investigation.
You must not pretend to be someone else or falsely claim that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
You must not insert links to websites (URLs) or submit content which would be an infringement of copyright. You must not submit websites that unrelated to the post or lead users to a website that is obscene, of sexual nature, offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or a spam website.
Reader comments that violate any of our terms may be removed (or, if checked in advance, not published in the first place). Please be aware that we reserve the right not to publish a comment and may edit your comment for editorial reasons.
If you are aware that content has been removed, you must not deliberately resubmit the same content.
We reserve the right to block a user from adding comments for any reason including, breaching our terms, serious failure to respect the spirit and tone of the community, conduct or comments that demand a disproportionate amount of our time.
Any comment that we deem to be spam will be blocked and repeated offenders will be blacklisted this includes fake and computer generated comments with spam URLs, please be aware that we also have an automatic spam blocker, this can sometimes delete genuine comments – if you feel your comment may have been deleted accidently please contact us via email with your comment and your display name.
Competitions Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions on shropshirelive.com
2. By entering a competition you are accepting these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be stated. Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Shropshire Live LLP may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. Shropshire Live LLP takes no responsibility whatsoever in the event of a third party or ourselves not being able to deliver the prize offered and will have no obligation to offer any alternative.
5. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Entrants under 16 years of age must obtain permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
6. The closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete.
8. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information if none is stated, then we will except only one entry per person and duplicate entries will be null and void. Entries received in excess of this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
9. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information.
10. Entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details. These details will be used by us to contact you regarding the competition or maybe passed on to the third party who is running the competition with Shropshire Live LLP so they can a) select the winner b) contact the winner. We advise all third parties to use the information supplied to them only for the use of a) selecting the winner b) contacting the winner and we except no responsibility if that request is not followed. We may use these details to contact you in the future regarding shropshirelive.com promotions.
11. Neither Shropshire Live LLP nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Shropshire Live LLP or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
12. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries) will not be accepted.
13. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry.
14. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition, the decision of Shropshire Live LLP shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Shropshire Live LLP reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Shropshire Live LLP that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
16. Shropshire Live LLP (or any third party nominated by Shropshire Live LLP) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
17. Shropshire Live LLP cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, death, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Shropshire Live LLP is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
18. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Shropshire Live LLP shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Shropshire Live LLP reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Shropshire Live LLP including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations. We also reserve the right to select another winner if the chosen winner can not be contacted.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.