10.7 C
Shropshire
Thursday, January 28, 2021

Firefighters praise occupier following kitchen fire in Shrewsbury

The occupier of a third-floor apartment in Shrewsbury has been praised for their swift action in preventing a kitchen fire from spreading.

The fire involving an electrical appliance broke out in the kitchen of the apartment in Sandringham Court at around 6.15pm on Sunday.

In a tweet, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the swift action from the occupier in closing the doors helped prevent further damage to the property.

- Advertisement -

Twp fire appliances were mobilised from Shrewsbury with an Operations and Fire Investigation officers.

Crews used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, covering jet and positive pressure ventilation to clear the property of smoke.

Supporting Shropshire Live...
Chris Pritchard
Chris Pritchard is Editor of Shropshire Live and lives in Shrewsbury. You can contact Chris by emailing chris.pritchard@shropshirelive.com or call 01743 818 095.
- Advertisement -

Advertisement Feature

Advertisement Feature

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -

News

Sport

Business

Features

Entertainment

Taste