Flood defences have today been deployed in Ironbridge as the River Severn continues to rise.
While the barriers are up all businesses along the Wharfage will be accessible on foot with the road closed to traffic.
The river is expected to peak in Ironbridge on Tuesday.
In Shrewsbury, flood barriers remain in place in Frankwell, with Frankwell Main and Riverside car parks closed.
Road Closures due to Flooding
- Gravel Hill Road
- Sydney Avenue
- Chilton Farm Lane, Atcham
- Atcham to Cross Houses
- The Wharfage, Ironbridge
Current Flood Warnings
- River Severn at Pentre
- River Severn at Shrawardine, Montford Bridge and Mytton
- River Severn at Shrewsbury
- River Severn at the Showground and The Quarry, Shrewsbury
- River Vyrnwy at Maesbrook
- River Vyrnwy at Melverley
Current Flood Alerts
- River Severn in Shropshire
- Severn Vyrnwy Confluence
- The River Dee Catchment in England from Whitchurch to Chester
Work is well underway along The Wharfage to install the flood barriers. The road closures are in place and diversion routes are signed. Details of the closure can be seen here https://t.co/P8vfiW2aJ4 @EnvAgency now working to get the remainder of the barriers in place. pic.twitter.com/QswKv7yV2m— Telford & Wrekin Council (@TelfordWrekin) March 17, 2019