Firefighters were called to a house fire in Wem during the early hours of Sunday.
The fire broke out in the bathroom of a property on Churchill Drive at around 12.24am.
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of the fire an unattended candle.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and covering jet to put out the fire.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for any hot spots.
A burst water pipe also occurred following the fire.
Two fire appliances were mobilised from Prees and Wem along with an operations officer.