9.8 C
Shropshire
Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- Advertisement -

Firefighters called to house fire in Wem

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Wem during the early hours of Sunday.

The fire broke out in the bathroom of a property on Churchill Drive at around 12.24am.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of the fire an unattended candle.

- Advertisement -

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and covering jet to put out the fire.

A thermal imaging camera was used to check for any hot spots.

A burst water pipe also occurred following the fire.

Two fire appliances were mobilised from Prees and Wem along with an operations officer.

- Advertisement -

Advertisement Features

Featured Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Advertisement Features

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -